G2 Risk Management Training
RIIRIS402D Carry out the risk management process. – This course is a nationally accredited one day program designed for those supervisors who work in the Resources and Infrastructure industries, however it is well suited to any industry where risk management processes are required.
Location188 East Street, Rockhampton QLD 4700
Course Schedule1 Day - Thursday - Fortnightly
Delivery ModeFace to Face (max 10 participants)
Course Times7:45am - 4:00pm (approx 8 hours)
Students will be provided with the opportunity to facilitate the risk assessment process while determining the risk management strategy. Identifying and treating risks and determining consequences of loss scenarios. Implementing and facilitating actions, reviewing actions, auditing the risk management process and complete records and reports. The course is a requirement under the Qld Coal Mining Act and Regulations and the Qld Mining and Quarrying Act and Regulations for workers who facilitate risk assessments. Face to face classroom delivery will be used to facilitate the underpinning knowledge requirements.
On successful completion of this training course, candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment with the unit of competency RIIRIS402D Carry out the risk management process.
Refresher Details: Candidates may be required to complete refresher training every five (5) years from date of course completion, if working on a coal mine site. Candidates may also be required to complete this refresher training earlier to comply with any site compliances.
To access to copy of training package please visit www.training.gov.au and search the below unit of competency:
RIIRIS402D Carry out the risk management process
New Horizons Safety & Training Services recognises that whilst there is a standard set of learning outcomes for this course, the context and environment in which the learning is applied is varied. We will always customise the course to suit your unique workplace requirements. Please ask our staff about alternate training and assessment strategies that can be designed should you have prior experience or knowledge including but not limited to change in course days, disability options, LLN support where applicable, credit transfer/RPL and in house one on one where possible.
- Plan and prepare for implementing the risk management process
- Identify hazards
- Assess risk
- Identify unacceptable risk
- Identify potential actions
- Decide on action
- Implement or facilitate action
- Review the implementation of action
- Audit the risk management process
- Complete records and reports
- Legislation, documentation, policies and procedures
- Relevant outcomes, work procedures and requirements for managing risk
- Demonstrates completion of carrying out the risk management process
- Facilitating risk assessment exercises for others
- Providing clear and timely instruction and supervision by the individual of those involved in carrying out the risk management
- Hazard identification and implement action plans
- Identifying hazards which may have acute and long-term effects on people
- Applying hazard analysis to identify and score the risk
- Selecting and implementing the appropriate treatments using the hierarchy of controls, and reduce unacceptable risk
- Auditing outcomes and processes for compliance and effectiveness, and recommend changes to improve effectiveness
- Preparing written risk assessment documentation
- Hazards and assessing risks
- Acceptability of risks
- Identifying existing risk controls
- Determining adequacy of current risk controls
- New potential risk controls
Assessment will consist of the following:
- Theoretical short answer questionnaire
- Demonstration of practical skills within a group environment conducting activities including, prepare the risk management process, ID hazards, assess risk, ID unacceptable risk, ID potential actions, decide on actions, implement and facilitate actions, review actions, audit actions and record results.
New Horizons Safety & Training Services recognises that whilst there is a standard set of learning outcomes for this course, the context and environment in which the learning is applies is varies. We will always customise the course to suit your unique workplace requirements if required. Please ask our friendly staff about training and assessment strategies that can be designed should you have prior experience or knowledge including but not limited change in course days, disability options, LLN support where applicable, credit transfer/RPL options and in house one on one if required
- Though not mandatory it is desirable that the candidate has completed an S123 supervisory program prior to enrolling into this program. Please speak to our friendly staff before enrolling, to ensure this program is right for you. Where you haven’t completed a S123 program prior the course program may be amended to suit your requirements
- Photo identification is required on the day your programs commences
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
This training program requires reading, writing and numeracy skills.
Prior to enrolling please contact New Horizons Safety and Training Services to discuss our support services if required. Where no previous skills or experience is determined, NHST may ask you to complete a pre-enrolment LLN. This unit of competency is to a Level 4 under the framework.
To complete this course successfully, participants need to have well developed skills in areas such as reading, writing and communication. Examples of LLN requirements participants will need to demonstrate include:
- Access, interpret and apply risk management documentation
- Identify, develop and document parameters of the risk assessment
- Establish and communicate to others the process for hazard identification
- Determine the risk level or score
- Identify, analyse and document the range of risk controls for identified unacceptable risks
- Prepare written document outlining the selected course of action and resources required
- Communicate to all parties relevant information related to the new/revised work procedures and action plans
- Conduct audits of risk management processes and work procedures and amend accordingly
Your Rights and Responsibilities
It is a requirement of the Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) that students be made aware of their rights and responsibilities prior to enrolling into any of our training courses at New Horizons Safety and Training Services.
Your rights and responsibilities can be found in our Participant Information Handbook.
Learners will be required to provide their Unique Student Identifier prior to the commencement of the course (usi.gov.au to register)
Recognised Prior Learning
If you feel you have the required skills, past experience or qualifications that should be recognised as part of this program, then please mention this to our friendly staff to discuss your options
Credit Transfer is a process that provides students with agreed and consistent credit outcomes for units/qualifications that can be identified as equivalent in content. Please discuss this option upon enrolment if you feel your learning outcome can be matched with a current unit or qualification you may already hold.
Further study pathways applicable to participants whom have completed the G2 unit maybe to work within Work Health and Safety. NHST do not offer the programs or certificates in Work Health and Safety however please visit www.myskills.gov.au for your closest RTO.
This information is a generic recommendation of related study options, if you are unsure of your training requirements, please contact your potential or current employer. For further information, or advice, please contact our friendly staff on 07 4927 0666 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org