Surface Induction (Refresher)
This Standard 11 – Surface Refresher has been specifically designed for candidates wishing to renew their induction passport for another five (5) years. Suitable for those who may not currently be working in the industry.
Location188 East St, Rockhampton QLD 4700
Course ScheduleWeekly / Friday
Delivery ModeFace to Face
Course Times7.45am to 3.00pm
On successful completion of this training course, candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment and a Standard 11 – Surface Induction (GI Surface Induction) card valid for another five (5) years.
This is 1 day program consisting of a theoretical workbook activities and ability to demonstrate CPR and Fire exercises.
This course will revisit the participants’ knowledge and skills in the following topic areas related to the mining industry:
- General mine safety
- Managing workplace hazards
- Risk management
- Isolation and tagging
- Site communication
- Traffic and mobile equipment procedures
- First aid
- Local emergency and incident response
- Fire fighting and fire prevention
- mine environment
Gap Training may be required on the day depending on the challenge test outcome.
This training program includes the following units of competencies:
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIERR205D Apply initial response First Aid
- RIIGOV201D Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Observation Assessment
- Provide a copy of your previously attained GI/Standard 11 Statement of Attainment
- Provide evidence of your employment in the mining industry within the last 24 months (skills verification, third party report or employment evidence can be accepted)
- Be at least 18 years of age (if under 18, please contact our office to discuss)
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read, hear and write English
- Arrive in suitable attire being high-visibility clothing and steel cap boots
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
This training program requires basic reading, writing and numeracy skills to a Level 2 under the LLN framework.
Prior to enrolling you will be asked to complete a small LLN assessment to allow us to determine your training needs and requirements. You will be required to complete a LLN questionnaire prior to enrolling so that we may determine your level of LLN in accordance with the framework.
Your Rights and Responsibilities
It is a requirement of the Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) that students be made aware of their rights and responsibilities prior to enrolling into any of our training courses at New Horizons Safety and Training Services.
Your rights and responsibilities can be found in our Participant Information Handbook.
Recognised Prior Learning (RPL)
If you feel you have the required skills, past experience or qualifications that should be recognised as part of this program, then please mention this to our friendly staff to discuss your options.
Credit Transfer is a process that provides students with agreed and consistent credit outcomes for units/qualifications that can be identified as equivalent in content. Please discuss this option upon enrolment if you feel your learning outcome can be matched with a current unit or qualification you may already hold.
Upon successful completion of the Generic Induction (S11), participants can further their skill set by undertaking other courses relevant to the mining industry. This includes courses such as the supervisor course (S123), Four-Wheel Drive & Light Vehicle, and machinery training.
This information is a generic recommendation of related study options, if you are unsure of your training requirements, please contact your potential or current employer. For further information, or advice, please contact our friendly staff on 07 4927 0666 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EFTPOS/CASH/Credit Card
2. Direct Deposit
3. Payment Plan (link in overview tab)