G2 Risk Management Training
This program has been specifically designed for candidates to obtain the skills and knowledge required to carry out the risk management process.
Candidates will have acquired the skills and knowledge to enable them to to carry out the risk management process as detailed in the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act 1999 and the Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act 1999
Location188 East Street, Rockhampton QLD 4700
Course Schedule1 Day - Thursday - Fortnightly
Delivery ModeFace to Face
Course Times7:45am - 4:00pm
On successful completion of this training course, candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment with the unit of competency RIIRIS402D Carry out the risk management process.
Refresher Details: Candidates may be required to complete refresher training every five (5) years from date of course completion, if working on a coal mine site. Candidates may also be required to complete this refresher training earlier to comply with any site compliances.
To access to copy of training package please visit www.training.gov.au and search the below unit of competency:
RIIRIS402D Carry out the risk management process
- Plan and prepare for implementing the risk management process
- Identify hazards
- Assess risk
- Identify unacceptable risk
- Identify potential actions
- Decide on action
- Implement or facilitate action
- Review the implementation of action
- Audit the risk management process
- Complete records and reports
- Legislation, documentation, policies and procedures
- Relevant outcomes, work procedures and requirements for managing risk
- Demonstrates completion of carrying out the risk management process
- Facilitating risk assessment exercises for others
- Providing clear and timely instruction and supervision by the individual of those involved in carrying out the risk management
- Hazard identification and implement action plans
- Identifying hazards which may have acute and long-term effects on people
- Applying hazard analysis to identify and score the risk
- Selecting and implementing the appropriate treatments using the hierarchy of controls, and reduce unacceptable risk
- Auditing outcomes and processes for compliance and effectiveness, and recommend changes to improve effectiveness
- Preparing written risk assessment documentation
- Hazards and assessing risks
- Acceptability of risks
- Identifying existing risk controls
- Determining adequacy of current risk controls
- New potential risk controls
There are no applicable course pre-requisites.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
This training program requires reading, writing and numeracy skills.
Prior to enrolling please contact New Horizons Safety and Training Services to discuss our support services if required.
Your Rights and Responsibilities
It is a requirement of the Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) that students be made aware of their rights and responsibilities prior to enrolling into any of our training courses at New Horizons Safety and Training Services.
Your rights and responsibilities can be found in our Participant Information Handbook.
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read, hear and write English
If you feel you have the required skills, past experience or qualifications that should be recognised as part of this program, then please mention this to our friendly staff to discuss your options
Credit Transfer is a process that provides students with agreed and consistent credit outcomes for units/qualifications that can be identified as equivalent in content. Please discuss this option upon enrolment if you feel your learning outcome can be matched with a current unit or qualification you may already hold